Wednesday, September 3, 2008

248.5

Got on the scale this morning......248.5 lbs. I really pushed it up a notch. Ate a granola bar along with a quart of water. Then, I walked to the store to purchase more bars which was approximately 2 miles round trip. For lunch I ate a turkey and mustard sandwich on white bread. The real kicker was after dinner. My dinner was a cucumber along with a cup of steam carrots. I then went out my backdoor and walked from my house on the 18th tee box to the fairway. I'd never hit a golf ball in my life even though I live on one of the nicest courses in the area. I took 4 balls and hit them from the fairway down to the creek that sits between it and the green. With the 2 balls that avoided the creek and made it on the green, I practiced putts for a little while. I then walked over to the 1st hole and practiced teeing off. I slice a few but, I managed to launch 4 or 5 of them to the 150 marker. I played the good shots out to the hole. My best was 5 strokes on a par 4. I guess that's considered one under par. From what I experienced yesterday, I see how one can easily get good and hooked on the game. After I had been there for awhile, a husband and wife showed up. So, I grabbed my two balls and walked back onto the street down to the 16th hole. I played the 16th and the 17th holes real quick. It was starting to get dark so I called it a night. 248.5 lbs! 3.5 away from 20 lbs!

No comments: